Vacuum Insulated Tubing
Vacuum Insulated Tubing (VIT) and Insulated Tubing replaces oil tubing for heavy oil recovery by steam injection improves project economics. With the following advantages:
- Reduces heat loss ensuring optimal steam quality being injected into the oil formation.
- Minimizes heat stress on well casing and cement mantle, decreases unwanted annulus pressure.
- Improves well life cycle cost and avoids failure due to well integrity issues.
- Optimized cyclic steam stimulation cycles for better overall project economics.
- Important technology for the economic production of deeper heavy oil formations.
Introduction to the Manufacturer:
- Manufacturing of Vacuum Insulated Tubing production commenced in 1984. This is the largest facility of its kind in the world.
- We have the most commercial references for Vacuum Insulated Tubing in Thermal Heavy Oil applications with 8,000,000 linear already installed globally.
- In-house R&D team is continually developing product innovations regarding vacuum properties, insulation properties and client specific needs including connection technology.
- We have 4 patents related to insulated tubing and have developed a series of products surrounding Vacuum Insulated Tubing.
- Vacuum Insulated Tubing can include modified buttress, semi-premium or premium connections including flush joint on the inner tube.
VIT vs Bare Tubing Field Trial
Case-1 : Bare tubing 2-7/8" x 6.4#
Case-2 : VIT 4-1/2" OD x 2.441 " ID with K-factor of 0.02 W/(m. C )
Case-3 : VIT 4-1/2" OD x 2.441 " ID with K-factor of 0.006 W/(m. C )